- What personal information about customers and its workers are collected by Alcolizer
- This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information provided to Alcolizer
- Types of information Collected
- How Alcolizer uses the customer’s and their worker’s personal information
- Disclosure of personal information to third parties
- Access to and correction of information Alcolizer holds
- Keeping information up to date
- Storage and security of the Customer’s or their worker’s personal information
- Links to other websites
- Destruction of the customer’s personal information
- Changes to Alcolizer’s Privacy Statement
- Feedback and questions about privacy and the Alcolizer website
The Privacy Act 1988 requires Alcolizer Pty Ltd (ACN 008 622 142) (“the Alcolizer”) to have procedures in place that cover the collection, use and disclosure of personal information that it receives from its customers. This information is needed to process the requirements of the customers, provide services to the customers and is used for internal purposes. Without this information Alcolizer is unable to provide access to its products and its website or AlcoCONNECT. Alcolizer complies with the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the collection and disclosure of information regarding its customers and its workers.
2. What personal information about customers and its workers are collected by Alcolizer
- Telephone numbers;
- Email addresses;
- Information disclosed by the customer to Alcolizer;
- Details of drug and alcohol test results uploaded by the customer; and
- Information disclosed in emails or online contact with the customers.
3. This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information provided to Alcolizer:
- when visiting its website or using AlcoCONNECT;
- when entering into an agreement with Alcolizer and/or another third party;
- when the customer requests Alcolizer forward information about them to a third party;
- from test results received from the use of Alcolizer’s products;
- a customer corresponds, or communicates with Alcolizer over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, facsimile or email.
4. Types of information Collected
Alcolizer gathers the following types of information about customers:
- aggregated information generated by its systems (or third party systems) to track its website’s and AlcoCONNECT’s traffic but that does not identify the customer personally including:
- information to track data such as the total number of visits to the website or AlcoCONNECT and the number of visits to specific areas of the website or AlcoCONNECT;
- the domain names of the website or AlcoCONNECT visitors’ internet service providers; and
- ‘cookies’ and ‘applets’ in its website systems or AlcoCONNECT.
- personal information about the customer such as name, address, telephone and facsimile number, email address, website usage and in some cases, billing details and general financial and credit information;
- drug and alcohol tests of persons within the organisation of the Customers.
The type of information that Alcolizer collects about the customer and its workers are dependent on how the customer uses the services offered on the website and AlcoCONNECT.
Generally, Alcolizer does not collect ‘sensitive information’ about its customers. Sensitive information includes (but is not limited to) information about race or ethnic origin, religion and sexual preferences. Alcolizer will only collect sensitive information in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing the customer with a product or service. In such circumstances, Alcolizer will only collect sensitive information with a customer’s consent unless it is required by law to collect such information.
5. How Alcolizer uses the customer’s and their worker’s personal information
Alcolizer may use the customer’s and their worker’s personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- inform the customer of drug and alcohol tests and other products, services or offerings available from Alcolizer or its affiliates, including related entities and business associates, including any marketing material;
- analyse data, information, material, results, drug and alcohol tests, including but not limited for the purpose of conducting industry, location and customer benchmarking;
- conduct surveys or research about the customer’s opinion of current services and products or of potential new services and products that may be offered;
- contact the customer regarding a product offered by an external business partner which may be of interest to the customer; and
- provide to likely or actual buyers of the whole or part of Alcolizer’s business or for internal restructuring purposes.
- Alcolizer may disclose the customer’s and their worker’s personal information to third parties for the purposes of analysing the drug and alcohol test results for the customer.
- Alcolizer may disclose the customer’s and their worker’s personal information to its training providers in order to facilitate the customer’s and their worker’s enrolment in a selected course.
- Alcolizer may also disclose the customer’s and their worker’s personal information to third party contractors who perform services for it including the management and maintenance of its information systems.
- Where the customer’s and their worker’s personal information is passed on to third party contractors, Alcolizer takes reasonable steps to ensure that these individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of the customer’s and their worker’s personal information.
- Other than as outlined above, Alcolizer will not disclose the customer’s and their worker’s personal information without their consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
7. Access to and correction of information Alcolizer holds
- Upon a customer’s request, Alcolizer will provide them with access to their personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles. If Alcolizer denies such access, the customer will be told why.
- Alcolizer may recover any reasonable costs incurred in providing the customer with access to the requested information. To request access to personal information, please contact Alcolizer using one of the contact options provided on the website or in AlcoCONNECT.
- A customer can access their profile within AlcoCONNECT at any time.
8. Keeping information up to date
Alcolizer strives to ensure that the information we hold about our customers is accurate, complete and up to date at all times. If the personal information Alcolizer holds about a customer or their worker’s is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up to date, or the customer wishes for their details to be removed from the website or AlcoCONNECT, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that reasonable steps can be taken to address this and/or discuss alternative options with the customer.
9. Storage and security of the Customer’s or their worker’s personal information
Alcolizer takes reasonable steps to protect the security of the customer’s or their worker’s personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Whilst Alcolizer strives to protect such information, it cannot ensure or provide any warranties in respect of the security of any information the customer provides to it or obtains from the website or Alcolizer. Accordingly, use of the website and AlcoCONNECT is at the customer’s own risk. Once any personal information comes into Alcolizer’s possession, it will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Alcolizer will, if required by the National Data Breaches Scheme, notify the customer and the Australian Information Commission of any eligible data breach and comply with all requirements of the National Data Breaches Scheme.
10. Links to other websites
The Alcolizer website contains links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for the customer’s convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by Alcolizer of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites. If a customer has any concerns regarding their privacy when visiting a linked third party, they should ensure that they check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
11. Destruction of the customer’s personal information
Alcolizer will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about the customer or their worker’s once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
12. Changes to Alcolizer’s Privacy Statement
- From time to time, Alcolizer may make changes to this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, the customer should periodically review this statement to remain informed about how Alcolizer collects and protects personal information.
- The customer’s continued use of the Alcolizer website constitutes acceptance of the collection, use and disclosure of personal information to the extent outlined in this Privacy Statement as amended from time to time.
- For further information about the protection of a customer’s privacy, please visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
13. Feedback and questions about privacy and the Alcolizer website
- Alcolizer welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Alcolizer website. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services provides and may be shared with Alcolizer partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
- If a customer has any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, practices of the Alcolizer website or their dealings with Alcolizer, you can contact us via email: email@example.com